The Charlotte Roller Girls is a skater-owned and operated league, and running a league is not cheap. Our expenses range from travel costs and hotel rooms to renting our practice space, our bout venue, maintaining our sport court, and more. While each skater pays monthly dues to participate in the league, we need help to continue to bring this wonderful all-female sport to the Charlotte area.
You can help us in this mission by purchasing a sponsor packet and help promote your business or cause at the same time.
Who Attends Roller Derby Bouts?
Roller derby is one of the fastest growing sports in the nation! In the past five years, women’s flat track roller derby has grown from only 50 leagues in 2005 to over 1,430 leagues in 2013 worldwide. The infusion of roller derby in popular culture has skyrocketed since 2009 with the release of a major motion picture, several independent films, and even a WFTDA-licensed video game, Jam City Rollergirls, released January 2011. This global exposure will continue to fuel increased fan bases in every market. The average roller derby fan loves their league, connects personally with several players, and supports key partners and sponsors with spending power and positive word of mouth! Results of the 2012 WFDTA fan survey revealed the following:
- 98%Ninety-eight percent of all fans agree that roller derby bouts provide good entertainment value for their money.
- 82% Eighty-two percent of all fans know the businesses that support their local roller derby league, and nearly 95% hold a favorable opinion of these businesses.
- 75% Seventy-five percent of fans have patronized businesses that sponsor their local league. These figures all represent increases over the 2011 survey results.
- $75,000annual income A third of fans have a household income of at least $75,000 per year.
A typical Charlotte Roller Girls fan loves being part of the action, proudly wears CLTRG merchandise, supports our sponsors with regular business, and sends Facebook updates, tweets and other online posts about our bouts and events. Most fans attend multiple bouts and bring new fans with them each time. An increasing number of fans have been regulars for tailgating before the bout and attend official after parties and other sponsored events in order to meet our league members.
Why Support the Charlotte Roller Girls?
As a partner of the Charlotte Roller Girls in 2013, your organization will gain exposure to our loyal and growing network of fans, league members, and our business and community partners through website, social networks, and print media, and physical presence at our home bout and events.
- We will have 10 home bouts in 2013. Since moving to the Grady Cole Center, CLTRG has hosted 30 home bouts, with an average attendance of over 1,000 devoted fans in the last 3 years!
- We practice 4 days a week in North Davidson (NoDa). This presence has resulted in increased visibility throughout the city and support for nearby restaurants and nightspots with recruiting events, post-practice socials, and other league gatherings.
- Each year, we participate in a variety of community events where sponsors and partners can gain exposure. Past events included St. Patrick’s Day and Thanksgiving parades, local blood drives, Light the Night Walk – Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Pride Charlotte, Humane Society Pet Parade, and signature events held at sponsor locations.
- Our online fan network boasts over 5,000 Facebook fans, over 1750 followers on Twitter, and over 1000 subscribers to our e-newsletter.
- Press coverage of skaters and bouts in Charlotte Health & Fitness, Charlotte Observer, Charlotte Woman, Creative Loafing, Wilson’s World in Fox News Rising, radio interviews, and more!
Sponsorship Features and Benefits
We could not continue to thrive without the support of our sponsors and business partners! We have six official 2013 CLTRG Sponsorship Levels listed below, and we can customize each package to meet your established business goals and needs.
We also have unique opportunities such as Penalty Box sponsor, Official CLTRG After-Party Host, and more.
Sign-up to Sponsor CLTRG
To sign-up for sponsorship or discuss partnership details and availability, contact us at or use the form below.